Are interdental cleaners effective? Dental floss is an extremely significant part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be adjusted, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of optimum tips and practices for flossing, see the list below:
– When choosing a dental floss, always choose those products that will not tear or shred when using them. Single filament thread is best for serving this purpose.
– Use a new piece of thread every time you floss.
– When choosing cleaning products, look for those products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Keeping your teeth fresh includes avoiding the spread of contamination by flossing with a new section of the strand you are using between each tooth.
– If you are looking for the perfect smile, it requires deep cleaning including flossing your teeth for 2-3 minutes per day every day.
No matter the needs you require for your teeth, our team at KC Smile Doc can help. Dr. J. Richard Burch and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which treatment is right for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in Kansas City, Missouri, call us at 816-822-0990. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a healthier smile today!